What is allergic skin?
Allergic skin comes up in a red rash, blisters or weals that feel itchy or burning. Often, it’s the arms, legs, neck or chest that are most affected.
Here is an example of how Mick Say uses Syrinx Za Products to treat his skin allergy to Dogs and extremes in environmental conditions.
What causes allergic skin?
The most common causes for allergic skin are plants such as poison ivy, as well as harsh soaps and chemical detergents. However, some skin allergies can be triggered by central heating, wet weather, fumes, dairy products, dust mites, and nickel as used in watches and jewellery.
Who gets allergic skin?
Anyone can get a skin allergy at any time, especially those who already have dry or sensitive skin.
What are the symptoms of allergic skin?
- Contact dermatitis with large burning itchy patches that take days to fade. There are three types:
* irritant (results from exposure to irritants)
* allergic (results from exposure to allergens)
* phototoxic (either of the above, activated by sunlight)
- Urticaria (known as ‘hives’ in the US) where a bumpy rash appears and fades in minutes or hours
Can allergic skin be cured?
As well as using natural products to protect and heal allergic skin, there are various things you can do:
- Have an allergy test to identify the irritant
- Do what you can to avoid the irritant
- Use a mild or pH neutral soap
- Turn down the radiators
- Vacuum carpets and upholstery frequently
- Change bedding often
- Only wear precious metals
- Cut out dairy products
Can allergic skin be treated?
Here’s some common advice for allergic skin treatments:
- Immediately wash with water and apply lemon juice or vinegar
- Apply calomine lotion or take antihistamine, hydrocortisone or zinc
- Use an emollient (although some creams make allergic skin worse, by sealing toxins and chemicals into the skin)
On the other hand, you can try our alternative treatment for allergic skin – it’s 100% natural and clinically proven to be non-irritant.
Natural treatment for allergic skin
Our products are enriched with a natural cleansing agent we call Zander. It’s an ancient sediment that has the ability to draw impurities out of the skin. Here’s what to do:
- Make a lather with our Deep Cleansing Therapy Bar and rub it firmly into the affected area, without rinsing
- Moisturise with our Ultra-sensitive Therapy Cream, letting it dry naturally
Follow this treatment plan every morning and night, and you’ll find your skin is soothed within two weeks.
If you suffer from allergic skin, please give it a try and then update us in the comments below.
Join Syrinx ZA Natural Skin Care Promotions
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Syrinx ZA Natural Skin Care.
We send out promotions and special offers for our customers and discover natural ways to have healthy skin.