Children can be cruel. Playground questioning: “Eww, what’s the matter with your skin?” Overheard gossip: “Have you seen those red scaly patches on her elbows?” Out-and-out rudeness: “Yuk, your skin is horrible.”
It’s bad enough for children with psoriasis that their skin is unsightly, itchy and uncomfortable. But, perhaps worse, the condition can impact their self-confidence and relationships, with a knock-on effect on performance at school and in their social life.
20% OFF cream for psoriasis when you quote GB2012 at checkout – Offer ends 31 August 2012
What causes psoriasis
Psoriasis is when new cells mature and travel to the skin surface too quickly, then fail to shed and build up as lesions. A flare-up can sometimes be the result of stress or follow a streptococcal throat infection. The condition often seems to calm down during the holidays, perhaps thanks to relaxing in the sun by the sea. Sadly, there’s no cure.
Note that psoriasis is nothing to do with poor hygiene and it’s not catching!
Psoriasis facts and figures
- 2–3% of the UK population have psoriasis including 1.4% of 10- to 19-year-olds
- About one-third of psoriasis-sufferers are aged under 20 when the condition starts
- If one parent has psoriasis, there’s a 10% risk the child will inherit it. If both parents have psoriasis, the risk increases to 50%
Six tips to help children with psoriasis
Reassure their teachers and classmates that the condition is not contagious. Boost their confidence. Tell them you love them. Encourage them to live as normal life as possible e.g. swimming is OK. Buy them loose-fitting cotton clothing. Discourage scratching!
In children with psoriasis, the skin might be shiny and red. It might also become flakey. Either way, the best treatment is to sooth and hydrate the skin.
“Moisturisers and emollients are vital in the treatment of psoriasis.”
Two-step Syrinx Za treatment for psoriasis
Our treatment helps children with psoriasis (it also helps babies and adults!):
- Use our Deep Cleansing Therapy Bar every morning and night (don’t rinse it off at night; just let the lather dry naturally)
- Apply our Ultra Sensitive Therapy Cream for psoriasis after bathing or showering, and at intervals during the day
Highlights of the Syrinx Za treatment for psoriasis
- 100% natural cream for psoriasis
- Keeps psoriasis under control
- Keeps irritation at bay
- Improves the skin’s appearance
- Results within just two weeks
Children and young people can also support each other. Take this advice from psoriasis-sufferer
“Don’t let your skin rule your life, go out there and try and enjoy it as much as possible.”
Find out more about our cream for children with psoriasis
Join Syrinx ZA Natural Skin Care Promotions
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Syrinx ZA Natural Skin Care.
We send out promotions and special offers for our customers and discover natural ways to have healthy skin.