Oily skin has a nasty habit of ruining an otherwise good day. If you are an oily skin sufferer yourself then you will understand just how irritating a constant shine to your skin can become and we know you will appreciate our tips for managing oily skin.
Skin needs a certain level of oil in order to be healthy but oily skin occurs when the sebum glands overproduce this oil. There a number of factors that are thought to cause oily skin symptoms including hormones, genes, diet and even humidity.
Oily Skin Tips…
Many products claim to be able to eliminate and reduce the excess oil within your skin but, thanks to many of the hidden ingredients, can actually cause irritation and make oily skin even worse.
We know you can fight your hormones or genes so, as promised, here are our Tips for Managing Oily Skin.
- Always follow a washing-moisturising regime. This is a crucial step in reducing the symptoms of oily skin and should be done on a daily basis.
- Lukewarm water is more effective in dissolving the oil so always try to get water to this kind of temperature before washing.
- Use a mild, all natural soap. Soaps with harsh chemicals can irritate the skin and cause an overproduction of oil to occur, perhaps even worse than it was to begin with.
- Do not over wash – once a day is enough to keep your skin healthy.
- Never go to sleep with makeup on as you are putting your skin at risk of clogged pores and excessive oil production. Your skin needs time to breathe.
- Stick to a healthy diet – avoid greasy foods and make sure you always have veggies or fruit on your plate!
- Opt for a natural moisturiser. It may not make sense to apply moisturiser to oily skin but it is important to replace the moisture that is removed while cleansing.
- Regularly exfoliate. Oily skin tends to have a layer of dead skin cells that have been built up on the surface of the skin. Exfoliation can remove this build up while reducing clogged pores and keeping the skin smoother.
- Drink plenty of water to detoxify your body and keep your skin healthy and clear.
Everyone’s skin is different…
After following our Tips for Managing Oily Skin you may be on the lookout for some natural products to treat your skin with.
The Syrinx Za Therapy bar is a great alternative to harsh, chemical-filled soaps and is very beneficial when used on oily skin. Use it as you would a soap to detoxify your skin while keeping it deeply cleansed.
We also offer a natural Emollient, Skin Revitaliser and Balm to be used as a moisturising support for your skin. We know that everyone’s skin is different so you may want to try all three of our moisturising products for 2 weeks at a time to find which works best for you.
Join Syrinx ZA Natural Skin Care Promotions
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Syrinx ZA Natural Skin Care.
We send out promotions and special offers for our customers and discover natural ways to have healthy skin.