What is dry skin?
Dry skin is fairly common, but it can progress to a serious condition that causes inflammation and discomfort. Severe dry skin like this would be considered a type of eczema.
Who gets dry skin?
Anyone can experience dry skin at any time, while older people often get it as their skin produces less oil, especially on the lower legs, arms, flanks (sides of the abdomen) and thighs.
What causes dry skin?
There are a number of causes for dry skin. Here are just a few:
- You may find your skin is drier during the winter months. This is because skin loses moisture when there is lower humidity due to cold air outside and heated air inside
- Being in an air conditioned environment
- Bathing too frequently, especially if you use harsher soaps and beauty products
What are the symptoms of dry skin?
If you have dry skin, these are some of the symptoms you may notice:
- Itchy patches of skin without any visible rash
- Skin that is prone to flaking or peeling, even after a layer has already worn off
- A burning sensation
- Skin that appears white and dusty or red and exposed
- Open cuts or sores from scratching and inflammation
Can dry skin be cured?
There is no long-term cure for dry skin. If you are affected, you’ll find it often reappears, especially when your skin is exposed to indoor heating or air conditioning.
Can dry skin be treated?
Yes, there are a number of ways to treat dry skin. Doctors will prescribe harsh steroid creams with their associated side-effects, but we suggest you choose a treatment that doesn’t involve steroids or chemicals.
Natural treatment for dry skin
Here’s a chemical-free treatment for dry skin:
1. Wash with our Deep Cleansing Therapy Bar, letting the lather soak in overnight to replenish and nourish dry skin
2. Apply our Ultra-sensitive Therapy Cream to soothe inflamed areas and provide 24-hour hydration
3. Use our Moisturising Therapy Balm which is particularly effective on areas of very dry skin, such as hands, heels and chapped lips.
Our natural products reduce itching, cracks and sores and help dry skin to become softer and smoother within just a couple of weeks – with no steroids or risk of irritation.
If you suffer from dry skin, why not give this regime a try, and share your progress in the comments below.
You can read more about our dry skin treatment or perhaps contact us if you have any questions about dry skin or any other skin issue you may have.
Join Syrinx ZA Natural Skin Care Promotions
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Syrinx ZA Natural Skin Care.
We send out promotions and special offers for our customers and discover natural ways to have healthy skin.