What is severe dry skin?
Severe dry skin can develop from mild dry skin and progress into a serious condition if left untreated, causing major discomfort and long-lasting problems.
Who gets severe dry skin?
Severe dry skin can happen to anyone, however older people are most commonly affected, as their skin produces less oil. Parts of the body most affected include the lower legs, arms, flanks and thighs.
What causes severe dry skin?
There are many causes for severe dry skin. Here are just a couple:
- Eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis can lead to severe dry skin
- Being in an air-conditioned environment or bathing too regularly, using harsher beauty or soap products. If left untreated, minor effects can develop into a more serious, severe complaint
What are the symptoms of severe dry skin?
If you have severe dry skin, you might suffer these symptoms:
- Large patches of itchy skin without any visible rash
- A harsh, acute burning sensation
- Skin that appears red and exposed
- Open cuts or sores from scratching and inflammation
Can severe dry skin be cured?
There is no long-term cure for severe dry skin, as it can reappear after the condition has subsided. However, there are a number of treatments – see below to find out more.
Can severe dry skin be treated?
Yes, there are lots of ways to treat severe dry skin and help relieve the symptoms. We recommend natural, steroid-free products that work with your skin to help replenish, nourish and soothe problem areas.
Natural treatment for severe dry skin
Here’s our chemical-free treatment for severe dry skin:
- Wash with our Deep Cleansing Therapy Bar; we suggest letting it soak in overnight for deeper, longer lasting nourishment.
- Apply our Ultra-sensitive Therapy Cream regularly, to soothe inflamed areas and provide 24-hour hydration.
- Use our Moisturising Therapy Balm, which is particularly effective on acute areas of severe dry skin.
Our 100% natural, chemical-free products are sensitive to troubled skin and act fast to soothe, calm inflammation and reduce irritation.
If you suffer from severe dry skin, why not try our Natural Dry Skin Treatment Products and let us know how you get on in the comments below.